This is a special order item and may take 7-14 business days to ship.
This yeast has proven to be great in IPAs. This is a great yeast for people who like WLP001 California Ale Yeast because this yeast throws a little personality and body into your beer. Esters are higher than WLP001. This yeast has been known to result in more diacetyl so increasing the temperature at the end of fermentation is suggested.
Optimum Ferment Temp: 67-70°F (20-23°C)
PurePitch™ for Homebrewers
- Breathable and allows CO2 to escape. Reduced chance of gas build-up! This packaging will maintain the yeast in a more stress-free state.
- Packaging is recyclable and is also made from recycled material.
- Color coding to make finding the strain you want easy!
- Instructions specific to each product type.
- White Labs is committed to sustainability. The FlexCell process and PurePitch packaging reduces their use of water, electricity and cleaners used to sanitize vessels during the production process, and their overall use of plastic.
- Pure Pitch Fact Sheet
Please note that White Labs is in the process of switching over to the Pure Pitch packaging and you may still receive occasional yeast purchases in vial form.
Please note: It is highly recommended that a cold pack be purchased when ordering liquid yeast. High Gravity cannot guarantee the viability of liquid yeast if it fails to work unless it was purchased with a cold pack. You can add it to the order by checking the cold pack box near the bottom of the page before adding the yeast to the cart.