WildBrew Philly Sourâ„¢ is a unique
species of Lachancea selected from nature by University of the Sciences
in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
(Patent pending NÂ° PCT/US20 18/043 148). WildBrewâ„¢
Philly Sour produces moderate amounts of lactic acid in addition to
ethanol in one simple fermentation step. This first yeast in the
WildBrew® series is a great choice for innovative, sessionable sour
beers with refreshing acidity and notes of stone fruit. With high
attenuation, high flocculation and good head retention, WildBrew Philly
Sourâ„¢ is an ideal yeast for traditional styles such as Berliner Weiss,
Gose, American Lambic Style, American Wild Ales and its resistance to
hops make it perfect for Sour IPAâ€™s.
WildBrewâ„¢ Philly Sour is a pure strain of active dried yeast classified as Lachancea spp.
Typical Analysis of Philly Sour Yeast:
- Percent solids 93% â€“ 96%
- Viability â‰¥ 1 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast Wild Yeast WildBrewâ„¢ Philly Sour will grow on wild yeast media including Lysine, LCSM and LWYM
- STA1 gene Pure strain is STA1 negative
Contamination is undetectable by PCR test
- Bacteria <1 per 1 x 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
In Lallemandâ€™s Standard Conditions Wort at 20Â°C (68Â°F) WildBrewâ„¢ Philly Sour yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 10 days.
- High attenuation and High flocculation.
Aroma and flavor is sour, red apple and stone fruit, notably peach.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrewâ„¢ Philly Sour yeast when producing
traditional styles is 20Â°C(68Â°F) to 30Â°C(86Â°F)
- In the Lallemand standard conditions wort, typical pH of 3.2-3.5 and titratable acidity of
0.1-0.4% lactic acid are achieved. Higher lactic acid levels will be achieved in worts that
are higher in glucose.
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are
dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and
nutritional quality of the wort.
Product Technical Data Sheet: Download WildBrewâ„¢ PHILLY SOUR Technical Data Sheet