Traditional mixed yeast culture.
British style character, slightly fruity, with a hint of sulfur production. This yeast can be used for many different beer styles. The most traditional choices would be English style ales including milds, bitters, porters, and English style stouts.
North American style ales will also benefit from fermentation with WLP017.
The beer will clear easily.
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 66-70°F (19-21°C)
Alcohol Tolerance: Medium
PurePitch™ for Homebrewers
- Breathable and allows CO2 to escape. Reduced chance of gas build-up! This packaging will maintain the yeast in a more stress-free state.
- Packaging is recyclable and is also made from recycled material.
- Color coding to make finding the strain you want easy!
- Instructions specific to each product type.
- White Labs is committed to sustainability. The FlexCell process and PurePitch packaging reduces their use of water, electricity and cleaners used to sanitize vessels during the production process, and their overall use of plastic.
- Pure Pitch Fact Sheet
Please note that White Labs is in the process of switching over to the Pure Pitch packaging and you may still receive occasional yeast purchases in vial form.
Please note: It is highly recommended that a cold pack be purchased when ordering liquid yeast. High Gravity cannot guarantee the viability of liquid yeast if it fails to work unless it was purchased with a cold pack. You can add it to the order by checking the cold pack box near the bottom of the page before adding the yeast to the cart.